See Thingira Cultural Village as an additional to your itinerary to Mt.Kenya (The home of living memories).
A multicultural village set amongst the pristine bushveld and rocky hills laying on a 20 acres piece of land, located along the Tana river, opposite Kengen power plant in Sagana one hour drive north of Nairobi along the Nyeri/Nairobi highway at the intersection of four districts – Kirinyaga, Muran’ga, Embu and Machakos.
Four traditional homesteads demonstrating traditional and modern day lifestyles of Mount Kenya people:
- The Ameru with their cozy beehive huts,
- The Embu with their perfectly thatched rondawels huts and distinctive ceremonial regalia made of leopard skin,
- the rhythmic drums and whistles of The Akamba tribe and
- the conical straw huts and thick, brown lessos of The Agikuyu.
You will go on a journey that will make you feel like you traveled backwards a hundred and fifty years ago. From life in prehistoric times right through to ultramodern art: For young and old alike, they will feast your senses on stories, smells, flavors and images of the living history that will make a lasting impression, bringing back memories and astonishing them by turns. Immerse yourself in the past and get to know the culture of the a Bantus of Mt Kenya and the history of Kenya. Indeed a visit to Thingira Cultural Village either on a day trip or overnight is an unforgettable experience.
- Boat riding to Masinga/Kaburu dam and Mwea National park
- Bird watching
- Hiking/walking various hiking trails are available from the novice to the experienced hiker.
- Agro tour to coffee/tea farms and largest fisheries in East Africa
- Game drive in Mwea National Park , Mt Kenya National Park, Aberdare National Park
- Bungee jumping
- River Rafting through fantastic rapids.
- Donkey cart rides
- Canoeing on the Tana River to Masinga dam.
- Thingira Cultural Village is also excellent place for cooperate events, team building garden facilities for weddings and other events.
Thingira Cultural Village,
Garden Estate off Thika Rd
P.0 Box 7969-00200 Nairobi,
Tel+254 20 2349509
Tel/Fax +254 20 8565033
Cell +254 735889350