06 NIGHTS 07 DAYS PACKAGE
MOUNT KILIMANJARO HIKE VIA MARANGU ROUTE.
Depart Nairobi at 8.00am with a shuttle arriving in Arusha at 1.00pm for lunch,
Dinner and overnight Impala Hotel Arusha.
After early breakfast, Depart Arusha and drive Moshi to Marangu Park gate (1800m) from where our trek begins. Today’s hike is a leisurely one, following the track as it meanders through lush green forest, with the possibility of sighting birds and Wildlife. Our first camp is Mandara Hut (2750m), a bunkhouse equipped with beds and foam mattresses. Total walking time 4-5 hours. From Mandara, you can walk a short distance up to Maundi crater rim where you can enjoy splendid view of plains, lakes and scenic volcanic formations below.
Leave at 7.00am, first walking through the upper forest before you enter the sprawling moorlands, a zone which abounds in giant groundsels, floers, tussock grasses and many other interesting plants. After a long walk lasting 6-7 hours, we arrive at our camp-Horombo Hut (3720).
Continue with trek, completing the remaining stretch of moorlands to enter the afro-alpine zone. This is a dry and desert-like rocky region. After replenishing our water reserves in sufficient quantities at last stream we cross popularly known as the summit.The''last water point'', we hike further to Kibo Hut (4700) at the base of the summit. The total walking time is about 5-7 hours, gaining 1000m in altitude. It’s advisable we go to bed early tonight in readiness for the challenging ascent to the summit tomorrow.
A long and hard day. We get up at midnight, have a hot beverage then begin the steep and challenging, but exhilarating trek to the summit. From Kibo hut to Uhuru peak (5896m) is a distance of 4km, taking 7-8 hours. Our experienced guide keeps the pace reasonable. We arrive at Gillman's Point (5685m) in time to catch the fascinating sight of the sun as it rises over the Mawenzi peak. More energetic hikers can continue trekking for another two hours to Uhuru Peak (5896m), the highest point in Africa. From the summit, we descend to Horombo hut, a distance of 14km in 5-7 hours (a descent of 2200m) for overnight.
We descend 18km in 5 hours; a descend of 1900m to Marangu park gate, then connect with transfer vehicle off the mountain to Arusha and spend the night at Impala Hotel Arusha.
After breakfast proceed to your next destination or back to Nairobi.
Prices quoted include:
- All transport-safari vehicles, 4wd Jeeps or tracks as condition dictate.
- Mountain accommodation as detailed-Mountain Huts or roomy tents when camping.
- Base lodge accommodation where applicable.
- Catering, camping equipment, mattresses stools (not sleeping bags).
- Services of Mountain guides and porters (weight limit allocation par porter-16kg).
- All National Park entrance and camp site fees.
- All food-breakfast, packed lunches and evening meals prepared by our cooks.
- Evacuation by road off the mountain and accommodation at the base for remaining days incase of mountain illness for no additional charges.
- Accommodation in Nairobi & return transport to arusha
Prices quoted exclude:
- Travel and personal accident insurance.
- Medical expenses incase of illness when on mountain.
- Tips, (a general expectation by guides and porters).
- Expenditure on alcoholic drinks, souvenirs, personal items.
- Optional excursions/activities not detailed in itinerary.
- Any additional services requested.