Set back from the powder- white sands & shimmering waters of the Mombasa National Marine Park, the hotel décor blends the time honoured intricacy of Swahili carving with the jewelled glow of Arabian lanterns, the white gleaming splendour of sultan palace and the lotus cool of a Persian water garden, the Serena Beach Hotel & Spa is certainly one of the most romantic venues in the world and offers the perfect setting for an Unforgettable wedding.
Maisha Spa – The fortress of Peace and Tranquility – offers male and female spa facilities (including steam rooms, saunas and outdoor Jacuzzis) luxurious treatments done either in one of our spectacular spa treatment rooms, each with its own private outdoor shower and beautifully landscaped courtyard or ocean facing massage tents, a fitness studio, hair salon, squash and tennis courts, yoga podium suspended over a reflective pool of water, and a special treatment and relaxation area for couples.
Your package includes:
- Expert service of our own wedding specialist in handling all the necessary arrangements.
- Basic Decorated Venue. (Wedding venues as shown below.)
- Marriage license, Marriage certificate, legal fees and Registrar.
- VIP welcoming upon arrival at the airport with sparkling wine and other refreshments on board.
- Express check in.
- Free upgrade to one of the suites subject to availability.
- One Tier Wedding Cake.
- Bottle of wine, fruit basket and flowers in the room on arrival.
- Exclusive beach breakfast. (Subject to the weather).
- Bridal bouquet, One Button hole, Hair confetti.
- Special turn- down service.
- Exclusive romantic candlelit dinner@ Jahazi Grill + bottle of wine.
- Spa Manicure/Pedicure and hair care for the bride.
- Hair care for the groom.
- Photographer and 72 photos in an album
- A choice of 2 spa treatments per person (options below)
- Elemis Deep tissue back Massage De-stress 30 Mins
- Elemis Deep tissue back Massage Musclease 30 Mins.
- Elemis Hot- Stone Therapy Healing Massage 30 mins
- Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair 30 Mins
- Elemis Fruit Active Glow 30 Mins
- Elemis Exotic Moisture 30 Mins
WEDDING DAY ITINERARY
- All aspects of the wedding ceremony are organized by the Hotel
- Hotel will decorate the venue on the morning of the wedding.
- Registrar arrives and the ceremony starts at the agreed time.
- The couple and witnesses sign wedding certificate.
- Bubbly Toast
- Photography in and around the Hotel grounds and the beach
- Cutting the cake
- Dinner for two
- Romantic Breakfast the morning after the ceremony
WEDDING VENUE OPTIONS
- Around the water fountain on the gardens.
- Serena Beach lawns.
- On the Beach (subject to tide and KWS Approval)
- Glass-bottom Boat (subject to boat charges, tide and KWS fees)
- Any other venue the couple may find suitable on arrival at the Hotel (through prior arrangement by mutual agreement with the Hotel)
Supplementary Itinerary all optionally.
- Wasini Island- swim with the dolphins, cruise through the world- famous Gazi mangroves,
- Tamarind dhow- evening cruise on large dhow. Food cooked and served on board, dinner on board during cruise.
- City tour and a trip to the Mamba village.
- Fort Jesus/ Mombasa by Night- evening cruise with Jahazi marine dhow via old harbour followed by dinner under the stars inside the Fort.
- ￼A bottle of Champagne
- An Edited DVD
- An edited DVD with Background music
- Giriama traditional dancers and Sound System
- Additional Photographs (72 prints 4×6) with album
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR A WEDDING IN KENYA
￼THE DOCUMENTATION OUTLINED BELOW WILL BE REQUIRED FOR YOUR WEDDING IN KENYA. PLEASE NOTE HAT COMPLETE AND CLEAR PHOTOCOPIES OF THE DOCUMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO TRAVEL. FAX COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
It is Important that you forward copies of documents NO LATER than 8 weeks prior to departure. If documents are not received by this deadline we may not have enough time to complete the necessary arrangements.
PLEASE RETURN CHECK LIST WITH ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS
- Passport, minimum 6 months validity
- Birth Certificates. (both short and long certificates are acceptable)
- Full Address of residence of both you and your partner
- Details of Occupation of both you and your partner, Fathers names (Full names, address and occupation)
- If either you or your partner is divorced: Proof of the Decree Absolute is required. This document must show the Court stamp clearly.
- Any relevant documentation you hold which is in any language other than English must be officially translated and be accompanied by the original
- If either you or your partner has changed your name by deed poll: Proof is required that the procedure was followed and completed.
- If either you or your partner is widowed: The former marriage certificate and death certificate of the spouse is required
- If either you or your partner are under 21 years of age on the date of your marriage, and will not be accompanied by a parent or guardian: An affidavit, granting permission for the wedding to be prepared and sworn in your country of residence, prior to your date of travel.
- If either you or your partner have been adopted: Adoption papers need to be produced.
- An affidavit must be provided stating that neither you or your partner has been married previously, or you have been married and divorced (see above if divorced or widowed). This must be prepared in your country of residence prior to travel.
- Dutch Couples must first apply to the Dutch Council for clearance to wed and pay an
- extra $90 for processing of their documentation
PLEASE REMEMBER: ORIGINAL COPIES of all the relevant documents above must be taken with you to Kenya.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: You must be resident in Kenya for two working days before you can apply for a license. We would recommend that you spend at least 4 working days before the ceremony so that arrangements can be made comfortably.
CEREMONY DETAILS: Ceremonies are arranged everyday (excluding Public Holidays) and are conducted by a Registrar.
The following days are excluded:
- Good Friday
- Between 24th December and 4th January.